Mold and Microbial Remediation

Mold Restoration Services 2018-02-09T00:42:18+00:00

MOLD INSPECTION • MOLD & MICROBE REMOVAL • PREVENTION

WHY CHOOSE PNW RESTORATION?

  • Free Onsite Mold Inspections

  • 24/7 Rapid Response

  • Identification of Problem Source

  • Complete Estimate for Remediation Plan including Mold Removal and Prevention

  • We will work with your insurance. Or….

  • 20% OFF all Non-insurance claims

  • 36 Month Guarantee*

IICRC CertifiedOur IICRC certified team specializes in mold removal and mold remediation. Our mold removal process focuses on identifying the source of the problem. We don’t just “clean and cover”, we go to the root of the problem for a permanent solution.

PNW Restoration offers a free, no obligation inspection that provides you with a detailed analysis, cause of the issue and a detailed estimate for mold removal.

But what really sets us apart, is the fact that we are really nice people, who care about you and your home or office.  We will work with you and your insurance to get the job done right! The first time.

HOW WE WORK: 3 Easy Steps

36 Month Guarantee*

*PNW Restoration offers a 36 month guarantee that the mold will not return to the restored area, as long as all necessary repairs are made and the final inspection report recommendations are followed as outlined, or we will come back and restore the area free of charge.

The Key to Mold Control
is Moisture Control

Mold can be found everywhere, indoors and out. They are a natural part of our environment, especially here in the damp Northwest. Mold is not usually a problem, unless it begins to grow indoors.

In a very short time, mold can significantly damage your building structure and personal property, while allergens from mold spores can lead to a variety of negative health effects in some individuals.

PNW Restoration not only takes care of your current mold outbreak, but we can help you to protect your building against mold returning in the future.

Common Types of Mold Found in Northwest Building Structures

Aspergillus

macro shot of fuzzy moldAspergillus is commonly found on foods and in home air conditioning systems. Allergic aspergillosis is a condition that occurs when people inhale the microscopic spores of aspergillus, causing an immune response in the body that can include a high fever, asthma attacks, and coughing up blood and mucus.

Cladosporium

Mold on wallCladosporium is typically black or green and “pepper like” in substance. It commonly grows on the back of toilets, painted surfaces and fiberglass air ducts. Cladosporium is considered nontoxic to humans, but can trigger common allergy symptoms, such as red and watery eyes, rashes and a sore throat.

Stachybotrys Atra

mold on wall(also known as black mold)

Toxic black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can release spores as it feeds on organic materials in common household materials like drywall, carpet, insulation or sub-flooring that have been exposed to moisture. These spores, if ingested or inhaled, can cause a range of symptoms in humans.

The most common symptoms and health effects associated with black mold exposure or black mold poisoning are chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches.

In particularly severe cases of prolonged exposure, black mold health effects can be more dangerous. Often compounded by allergic reaction to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.

Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air.  Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.

It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.

If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem.  If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, most likely, the mold problem will come back.

Molds have the potential to cause health problems.  Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins).  Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.  Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).  Allergic reactions to mold are common.  They can be immediate or delayed.  Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold.  In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people.  Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold.  Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.  This brochure provides a brief overview; it does not describe all potential health effects related to mold exposure.  For more detailed information consult a health professional.  You may also wish to consult your state or local health department.

Read more about mold at https://www.epa.gov/mold

Some compounds produced by molds have strong smells and are volatile and quickly released into the air. These compounds are known as microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs). Because mVOCs often have strong or unpleasant odors, they can be the source of the “moldy odor” or musty smell frequently associated with mold growth. A moldy odor suggests that mold is growing in the building and should be investigated.

The health effects of inhaling mVOCs are largely unknown, although exposure to mVOCs has been linked to symptoms such as headaches, nasal irritation, dizziness, fatigue, and nausea.

Learn more at www.epa.gov/mold

Mildew is a form of fungus.  Mildew is often distinguished largely by its color: MOLD appears in shades of black, blue, red and green while MILDEW is white.  It looks like a thin growth of fungal filaments, usually on living plants or other organic matter such as wood, paper, or leather.

Microbial Contamination

Microbial Contamination refers to a variety of micro organisms, including mold, bacteria, viruses and protozoa and fungi, which includes molds, yeasts, and their byproducts and toxins. all of these can affect the health of a building and its occupants

The most common microbial contamination is sewage

Sewage (such as human or animal fecal matter) poses a very dangerous health hazard, primarily bacteria and virus. Sewage in its liquid form will travel anywhere within a building if not stoped in a timely manner, this is why it is important to consider a sewage spill as an emergency.  Our 24/7 emergency response team is IICRC certified for the remediation of  microbial contamination as well as Biohazard and Hazmat cleanup.

PNW Restoration

For more information, or to schedule an appointment please call us at:

503.352.5209

24/7 Response - Mold Removal and Restoration

SAVE 20% NOW

Not using insurance? We'd like to help you out, 
call now and save 20% on all non-insurance claims
on Mold Removal/Restoration.
Hurry up, Limited Time Offer!
close-link